Thursday, May 28, 2009

I'm in Kenya


We did it saints!!! I'm sitting in Pastor Jerry's flat in Nairobi as I write this. We took a stroll into downtown today where I have already met some great people that I look forward to developing relationships with over the next 3 months.

All of your prayer and financial support made this happen. Less than two weeks ago I had $1200 by the time that I left the US I had $3800!!! It blows me away what faith and Gods love does. Jerry and I will be in Nairobi until Tuesday most likely, I should get to know the city better by the time we leave here. It is so very different here. The people are beautiful but the mannerism are very different. Some of them will do anything for a shilling so you have to be very careful accepting help or entering into conversation with a stranger. The temperature is perfect but a little overcast. Natalie, I had a burrito today with pico de gallo and gauc! The tea is strong! We are next to the Ethiopian embassy and they are partying it up with very loud music that has been going since 11 am.

I'm off to read and take a small nap. Thank you for all of your support. Please keep it up, I can use every bit of it. I'll write again soon.

2 comments:

Becky said...

so glad you got there safely!! Can't wait to see more pictures. You will be in my prayers!!

Love Ya!!

Caleb said...

Thank you for your love and support. I'll be posting more pictures very soon. Take care of yourself.