Friday, February 6, 2009

How about Kenya God?



Well here it is my friends. As some of you know I've been approached by a friend of mine to move to Kenya to be a part of a few different projects there. It started out as me possibly going to Nanyuki to be a foreman for the building of a youth camp. It's interesting that this is what I would be asked to do because it was once a dream of mine to have a camp. It was one of those dreams that I had given up on because I just figured that I would never be able to afford something like this. It just so happens that my God is a powerful God. As you read this please be aware that this is not in concrete so keep that in mind as you read this. So maybe just maybe my dream of having a camp might even come close. It wouldn't be my camp of course but I still might be able to have the chance to be a part of one.....maybe even a significant part.

So I would be working for a pastor who has been the pastor of his church in Nanyuki for about 35 years. He has done amazing outreaches including a school that has become one of the most renowned in Kenya. Jerry Daniels is an amazing man of God from what I've read and heard of him. The camp would be close to Nanyuki on 30 acres that has already been purchased by the Rawling Institute who is the funding behind all of this.

So naturally I'm stoked and asking God if this is where He wants me to go and I feel like this is exactly where He wants me. But there's more. My friend, Chris, who is the one who has brought this to me also is part of some other things in Kenya that need more man power in Kenya. One of them is building 3 community centers is the slums of Northern Kenya. These projects would have a number of very unique challenges like getting building materials there to make them happen. The second is two block making businesses that he and his friend Jim helped launch on their last visit there. Both of these could use some attention and someone in Kenya to help them run smoothly. Chris and I are meeting with some folks next week to see if I would be a good candidate for these as well.

So my friend, pray for me. I feel like this is where God is leading me but it's a scary thing. I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully sharing this adventure with you.

No comments: