Tuesday, July 14, 2009

7-12 Update


My Dear Friends and Family,

This past week has been….well, I’ve been sitting here trying to find the words to describe it and I can’t. So I guess we could say that it was beyond description. It’s interesting when we really look at exactly where we are and how we got there and just trace it back as far as we can without going insane. There are so many events, thoughts, conversations, and miracles that brought us to this exact point in time. This week brought a number of things out into the open, brought closure to others and opened up even other things. It has been an emotional roller coaster. There have been good and rough moments but I truly believe that life is 90% attitude and only 10% events.

I’m not going to share the bad moments with you but I am going to tell you that even though there were rough spots I KNOW that they will continue to lead to more growth and healing. The power of love is incredible!

So on with events of the week. The Brown family, from Missouri, has been here for about two weeks now. Steve and Jody have three boys that were all born back to back and they are all so different and yet they are definitely boys and brothers. They also brought a 16 year old young lady with them, from their church, named Hailey. The whole group has been a blast to spend time with. They invite me over for dinner every night and it is so nice to be able to share life with them. We went out to the Naibor Orphanage this week and bought some chickens for them then killed them for dinner. Unfortunately we didn’t get to stay and enjoy the meal. We also went out there yesterday and played baseball with the community kids and the orphans. It was right after a rain and I took a spill between 2nd and 3rd. The orphans are getting better and better every week. It is one of my highlights of every week. Lauranelle came with us yesterday. Lauranelle is a widowed Ohio gal who brings so much laughter and joy to every room that she walks into. She has been an absolute joy to be around. I find myself looking for excuses to hang out with her.

Wednesday I was invited by a British friend to have lunch with her, her fiancé and his family at El Karaama ranch. I have to tell you that it was fantastic and I am so thankful for that time with them. To get there you have to take these “roads” that are really more like 4X4 trails that go through the bush. I was on my enduro motorcycle and had a blast. There was one point where I came through a watering hole area that was so full of life. A family of wart hogs was the first to cross my path and then I found myself between zebras and giraffe cruising down the trail. It was incredible! Those giraffe are so beautiful when they run.

I ended finding my way to Sophie and Murray (my British friends). They have a beautiful house out on the ranch that has a studio where Murray does his work. He is a very talented sculptor who is working on a life size male leopard. He was working on the spots when I got there, he might still be. It looked to be such a delicate and intricate job. We went down to a huge covered area for lunch. This place was amazing and overlooked the creek that was moving through. Murrays parents, sister, sister in law, niece and nephews were all there and they were such a delight to be around. I could have just sat there talking with them and listening to them all day. It was such an enjoyable thing to just sit there listening to their accents and all of the fun little sayings that they had.

The walls on the house are still going up but we have run into some changes in plans that will set us back a fair amount but I think that it will add to the structural integrity of the home in the long run. Oh the joys of building with new technologies! We have made a number of new contacts with this house and have a few potential buyers of the blocks. We have already made some blocks out of the soil that one of them brought to town and I think that it will be the start of a great relationship between Noah and this guy. I also met with another Brit named David Parkinson this week that I really enjoy. He is part of a large development out in the Naibor area. He is looking at using the blocks and also has a desire to really be a part of the Naibor community. Actually all 30 or so property owners in this new development want to contribute to the area so we discussed some options and contact for that. I hope that this leads to a long term fruitful relationship both in friendship and community development for that area.

We have a very promising welding student that will be helping me build a large two story play house for the younger kids here at the Baptist school. I’m really looking forward to building it! It’s like I get to build the play house that I would have always wanted!!! This is great.

All in all things continue to move forward in relationships, community projects, job development and Gods will in my life. Once again I thank you for your support. I hope that this finds you well.

Peace and Love
Caleb

No comments: