Saturday, March 28, 2009

Teleconference With Pastor Jerry

Where do I start???? I guess I'll start where it should always start, thank you God! I really am Jonah. Two years ago I was a self indulgent fool who would have never thought of truly serving anyone other than myself and if I were to let myself have it my way that's how it still would be but my God is a powerful God. He has changed my heart. I guess I'm still just serving me because I feel so much joy in the opportunity to serve my brothers and sisters. God has changed my life is such an amazing way! Okay I'll back to the teleconference.

I'm so excited to start spending time with Pastor Jerry in person. He is such a joy to talk with and has such a servants heart for Gods people. I feel so blessed to be able to work next to him. So here are some of the things that we discussed in todays teleconference.

The school that he runs has the headmasters house open until late June so I'll be able to stay there for awhile. He also has vehicles that I'll be able to use as needed while I'm there in Kenya. So that means that I'll need a lot less money for housing and for transportation for the three month trip. The two year trip will require me buying a truck for myself and that poses some problems due to the way that Kenyans treat their vehicles. I'll probably purchase one in England and have it shipped down to me.

The orphanage and youth camp will be built in Naibor which is about 10 Kilometers from Nanyuki (where I'll be living). The orphanage will also serve as a Medical clinic and vocational training facility. It looks like I'll be used for both of those facilities as well. I hope to be teaching classes that will help the orphans learn trades so that they can become self sufficient when the time comes. There is also the possibility of me helping out with that at the school as well. There is also a need for medical training that I'll be able to use some of my old skills and knowledge to help out with basic first aid and CPR classes.

There really are so many needs there that I can't even list them. I would love to see you come out to be a part of these journeys and these lives. Of course I would love for long term help but even a couple of weeks would be so much help to our Kenyan brothers and sisters as well as yourself. Thank you all for your support!

No comments: